Cannabis strains comprise of numerous chemical compounds, most of which are phytocannabinoids.
The female buds of the cannabis sativa plant contain the highest concentration of these natural-occurring active ingredients and are considered to play an integral role in health and wellbeing.
On the other hand, terpenes are the chemical compounds that ideally give the plant its flavor and scent.
However, they also have essential therapeutic properties and work remarkably well in conjunction with their chemical cousins – cannabinoids and THC.
The composition of terpenes may vary significantly from one cannabis strain to another and are typically available in large numbers.
Owing to their amazing healing effects (as shown in preliminary research studies), people now prefer using Broad Spectrum or Full Spectrum CBD oils that are enriched with essential phytocannabinoids and terpenes.
So, let’s understand how cannabinoids and terpenes show promising medicinal benefits on human health and wellness.
Benefits of Cannabinoids
Cannabinoids are key chemical compounds found in hemp extracts and believed to hold a wide range of medicinal benefits.
According to some research studies, cannabinoids directly interact with the cannabinoid receptors occurring naturally in the human endocannabinoid system.
They are known to bind with the CB1 and CB2 receptors, especially in the body and brain, aiding in optimal functioning of different organs and body systems.
Most importantly, cannabinoid does not have an entourage effect, i.e. it does not cause that ‘high’ typically associated with taking marijuana.
Numerous scientific studies and anecdotal evidences have highlighted several medicinal benefits of cannabinoids as discussed herewith:
- Cannabinoids help activate the body’s CB1 and CB2 receptors, which are responsible for maintaining a gamut of functions such as sleep, mood, appetite, relief, and motor skills
- It helps alleviate the symptoms of relief, relieving relief, inflammation, and muscle stiffness
- The cannabinoid is now approved to be used as a prescription drug for Dravet Syndrome, which is a very rare form of epilepsy
- Cannabinoids are known to relieve relief conditions and reduce inflammation caused as a result of certain disease or ailment
- For patients suffering from cancer, cannabinoids can help control the side effects of chemotherapy such as vomiting and nausea
- It has essential calming properties that help relax the mind and body, stimulating appetite and ensuring good sleep
- Cannabinoids are believed to either stimulate or inhibit the production of certain compounds in the brain that are associated with anxiety and depression
Benefits of Terpenes
Terpenes are chemical compounds found in high concentration in cannabis flowers and typically contribute to the taste and smell that help you differentiate the strains.
But that isn’t the only role that terpenes play; they also protect the hemp plant from bacteria, pests, and harmful UV rays.
However, a wide variety of terpenes found in cannabis also have amazing therapeutic properties that offer as many health benefits and potency as cannabinoids and THC.
Most importantly, the FDA and other scientific studies have recognized terpenes as safe for consumption.
Let’s have a glimpse of key medical benefits that terpenes offer:
- The chemical compounds, just like cannabinoids, bind with the body’s neurotransmitters and receptors. This aids in maintaining various bodily functions such as mood, sleep, appetite, etc.
- Terpenes have a tendency to dissolve in or combine with our body’s lipids and may facilitate in weight loss
- Studies suggest that terpenes can act as Serotonin Uptake Inhibitors and may improve norepinephrine activities, both of which functions as a natural antidepressant without any potential side effects
- They help stimulate production of GABA in the brains, which is an essential neurotransmitter that helps address the conditions caused due to high glutamate in the body
- Terpenes work synergistically with cannabinoids, allowing the latter to get into the bloodstream in a fast and efficient manner. This speeds up the healing effects of both the compounds on the human body
Despite the promising health benefits that cannabinoids and terpenes showcase, there is no solid evidence or scientific proof that validates the effects of both in diagnosing, treating or preventing various health conditions.
However, if you want to experience their healing effects in your life, we provide cannabis oil for sale, enriched with healthy cannabinoids and terpenes.